Christmas is an exciting time of year and the corporate Christmas party gives you the perfect opportunity for staff to relax after a hard working year. It is also a chance to improve working relationships with staff socialising together.
Throwing a good party will be also be beneficial to your company’s reputation, as positive word-of-mouth from staff and loyalty to the company are invaluable. Richard Branson is famous for the parties that he throws to keep staff morale high.
Our guide will show you how to throw a bash more like Richard Branson – even if you don’t his budget – and less like David Brent!
Firstly, determine the format of your Christmas party:
- The private party – this gives you the most free reign with the party planning to suit your company. Depending on the venue, they may or may not supply the catering, decorations and entertainment. For a small group, consider a private dining room or table at a hotel or restaurant. For a large group you might have the budget to hire a grand venue. Either way, with a private event, you have full control of the guest list
- A shared party at one venue – often venues put on huge Christmas parties and balls where you can join other companies to celebrate the festive season. This means less organisation and less expense, although you forgo the ability to add personalisation. These are bigger events where due to the large scale they might have bumper cars, circus acts, famous comedians or magicians
Then choose your corporate Christmas party style:
- Formal and sophisticated – The traditional turkey dinner and Christmas crackers followed by some cheesy tunes on the dance floor might not be to everyone’s taste. If you are looking for something upmarket, there are plenty of venues to choose from – think manor houses, Michelin starred restaurants, 5 * hotels or restaurants with a view of the city. You could have a black tie dress code to match
- Something a bit different – You may be looking for an alternative to the usual party. How about a party on a boat or yacht, hiring a retro bowling lane, entertainment with a show like the Cirque de Soleil, or something active like ping-pong games or karting? The dress code could be more quirky and relaxed.
Corporate Christmas party themes
If you want to match your corporate Christmas party to your contemporary image, steer away from red and green crepe paper garlands, paper cups and Christmas jumpers.
Your theme can run through the decorations, fancy dress, food and entertainment and it can really add to the experience. Many venues will supply a party planner to implement the theme of your choice, but if you’re if need of some ideas, why not consider:
- Narnia in winter white with a chocolate machine
- Masquerade or murder mystery with a Mirror Pod photo booth
- Las Vegas or James Bond with casino table hire
- 1980s with a retro gaming table and a silent disco
- Dickensian Christmas or Nordic Noel with a giant snow globe and Victorian street backdrop
- Hollywood with usual flavoured popcorn, ice cream, hot dogs, green screen art studio and giant light up Hollywood letters
- Circus with a candy floss machine and toffee apples
Corporate Christmas party entertainment
Entertainment makes a party memorable. Make your corporate Christmas party memorable with:
- Dance shows – Just Dance offers a huge range of dancers, acrobats and circus performers to fit your chosen theme
- Interactive video and photo booths – up to 12 people can go into a Pixpod photo booth, or try the retro mirror. For video booths, choose our slow-mo or green screen video booths – we have so many different options to choose from!
- Casino tables – no real money changes hands, but the thrill remains. You can even match the casino table colour to the theme of your party
Carpool Karaoke or Lip Sync – you have seen carpool karaoke and Lip Sync battles on TV, now try them yourself!
Interactive sports games – the LED football table – a classic and a favourite. You can also go-large with a giant football table, or hire an air hockey game or basketball games
Silent disco – bang on trend from the festivals and enormous fun, you can’t take part and not laugh
- Life size pin art – our life-sized pin art allows you to press your body on the reverse side of the pins for dramatic effect
- Human photo snow globe – our giant snow globes allow you to be transported into a wonderland with backdrops to suit your party theme. Everyone will be looking at this amazing photo opportunity
- Temporary tattoos – body decoration is huge fun and guests will be taking lots of photos of themselves with their new look and sharing on social media – we have henna, gold, silver available or why not try roaming UV to add to the fun of your silent disco? Glitter is on trend at the moment, with amazing glitter creations to cover the side of the face
- Giant tabletop letters – another photo opportunity with giant light up letters to create that wow factor. You just have to pick the letters…a simple ‘Party’? ‘Rock On’, your company name? ‘Merry Christmas’, ‘Noel’ or ‘Love’ or your party theme – the choice is yours.
If you need more inspiration for your corporate Christmas party, contact us to find out more about our interactive entertainment systems or to make a booking. Be sure to book well in advance of your event to guarantee availability.